View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
rayuelo
Have Wheeling Probs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Thanks that's great info. I've had Elite red and after 3 months (about 30 skates) they're starting to loosen. Not too bad though and they was no problem with too much wax to start with them. Will definitely check out Graf - had not heard of them.

BTW, which Elite lace colors apart from black did you find wore out of wax too soon? That's a bigger issue for me than too much wax.
Yellow ones were not bad. Red ones were the worst ... unfortunately since that was the kids' favored colorway. If you're able to open the box without unravelling the laces, you can actually tell that some aren't as waxy as others to begin with.

One of my kids also tried the Elite Oval laces that were waxed. They were pretty good, but too much for my daughter who started to lace up her own skates last year. She couldn't undo those ones without my help. I would have used them instead but they're about 12 inches shorter than I need.

I'm guessing any shop that carry Graf skates likely sells their laces. I get mine at Source for Sports stores in Toronto.

rayuelo is offline   Reply With Quote