Pre-game preparation vs. your mental state
View Single Post
05-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Have Wheeling Probs
Join Date: May 2012
I try to stick to some basic physical things ...
- organize the bag the night before
- no booze the night before
- no booze the day of (until after)
- eat frequent, small, healthy foods and stay well hydrated the day of
- eat a light meal of some protein, and a little carb a couple of hours before playing
- if time allows, have a 20-30 minute power nap
On the mental side, nothing. As soon as I enter the rink and feel the cool air and get a whiff of that rink-smell, I'm all psyched to have some fun, no matter my prior state-of-mind.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by rayuelo