View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Tallinder on Lidstrom & more

From Bucky:

Quote:
NEWARK, N.J. -- Old friend Henrik Tallinder spoke about countryman Nicklas Lidstrom with reverence this afternoon after the Red Wings legend retired this morning after 20 seasons. Lidstrom was the standard for all Swedes, particularly defensemen.
Quote:
“For me, growing up, he wasn’t my biggest idol because I was too young," Tallinder said. "Once he started to make it in this league, who doesn’t look up to him? He’s an icon and everyone wants to be like him, play like him, offensively, defensively, you name it. He does it all.

"Just watching him play is almost like – I think you described it once – is almost like a symphony.”
Of course, Bucky couldn't resist reliving 7-1-07:

Quote:
Tallinder laughed when I told him Sabres owner Terry Pegula suggested his and Toni Lydman's departure in 2010 was more devastating than when Chris Drury and Daniel Briere split town in 2007. He hadn't heard Pegula thought so highly of him.

"That's a compliment, but that's B.S.," Tallinder said. "When we lost Danny and Dru, that was a kick in the butt. That's where we lost it. Nothing against Pegula, but that's where Buffalo lost a lot as a city and as a team."
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...-and-more.html

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote