Thread: SEL vs KHL
View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Not entirely sure what you mean by all this but I don't think things are as one sided as you seem to portret them. I may not be completely neutral in your eyes but because of effing Viasat I've seen quite a bit of Allsvenskan (not SEL) games and without speaking a lick of Swedish coverage indeed seems superior in quality to Russian, but then again all KHL games are televised, first HD equipment is being bought, league has it's own TV channel, official stores are popping up here and there. Does SEL has English website like KHL has? I don't think so. Some of Swedish hockey arenas looks rather dated as the most horrible ones in KHL.

But could you, please, elaborate more, what you meant by your post a bit more.
Well Viasat's covarage of HockeyAllsvenskan doesn't hold a candle to Canal+'s covarage of Elitserien. But that's not the point, KHL can sure produce a good broadcast, the standard in the playoffs is quite good.

Overall I think the SEL, and the way the league is run as a business is superior to the KHL. Unfortunately the Swedish Ice Hockey Federation is doing a good job dragging down the league, but from a business standpoint the SEL and their individual clubs are most often run by very good organisations. The money the league and the clubs are able to attract is very impressive IMO.

And I don't want to go into politics and standard of living debate, but I have no doubt in my mind that the Cherepanov or Jaroslavl incidents would never have happen in Sweden.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote