View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know there was a clause in the most recent transfer agreement between NHL and Swedish Ice Hockey Federation about first round / non-first round draft picks (can't recall but might have excluded first round picks) and returning to Sweden to play if 22yo or younger (either under or including 22yo.) I believe the transfer agreement expires this summer but assume still in place at this time based on the little I have read about it. Maybe also true for more than just the Swedish transfer agreement?
All transfer agreements should be identical even though they were signed with individual federations. According to the rule players under the age of 22 should be returned to the European club they had a contract with if they don't make the NHL club right away. There may be that the players should have an option to return to Europe but I remember seeing some Finnish league club's boss saying something about the player having to return Finland if he doesn't make the NHL club. On the other hand I remember there being some exceptions where the players chose to play in the AHL and his European club agreed to it (possibly because the player had "nothing to learn from here anymore").

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote