View Single Post
Old
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
SirBrad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
It's the opposite here at the Shore. It's Devils, Devils, Devils everywhere you look.

Not many seem to be bandwagoners, either. From those I've talked to, they're pretty knowledgeable about things and seem to be genuine fans.
Really? I see nothing in Monmouth County. I live in Freehold and my in-laws are from Fair Haven and I spend a good bit of time in Red Bank and you might see one guy wearing a Devil shirt at a bar on any given winter night when the Devils are on the TV. When I lived in Long Branch for 2 years and went out to bars in the winter it seemed like anyone that cared about NHL games were Rangers fans. Completely opposite from Pittsburgh where it seems like 90% of the city is behind the team when they are going well.

I work in New Brunswick and you don't see anything around there. Mainly because it's college students and Hispanics I guess. I always just assumed the real following of Devils fans must be from Bergen, Essex, Passaic and Union counties although there are a lot of Rangers fans in that area as well. I figure as soon as you go south or west (Mercer) of Monmouth any NHL fans are Flyers fans.

Last edited by SirBrad: 05-31-2012 at 09:26 PM.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote