View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Honour Over Glory

vCash: 500
I think Shero will get Staal signed long term, but that won't mean he'll still start the season as a Penguin, a signed past next season Staal is worth even more. Screw the cap stuff, I think Staal is ready for a top 6 role but it will never happen on this team while he is a center and he doesn't really work as a winger, so the writing has been on the wall for quite some time, people are just finally coming to terms with it.

I would hope Shero goes after someone like Gaustad for the 3rd line, don't have faith in Jeffrey or Vitale taking that 3rd line C job with Cooke and Kennedy and being all that effective.

Staal should bring in some serious pieces to the team, not only to add an interesting piece to the prospect pool, a top 6 winger and maybe a high pick and/or more. You never want to see a guy like Staal go, but when you see how well he's been playing offensively and the fact that the team does have Crosby and Malkin, 2 of the best centers in the game and Staal will likely NEVER surpass them when the team is healthy, on the depth chart...you gotta look at your options.

If I am Shero, I try to get Staal signed long term and then package him with Martin and call Nashville for a sign and trade deal for Suter and maybe pry Hornqvist or Radulov from them.