View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 02:54 AM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

vCash: 500
Some might call it a jersey foul, but if I buy a goalie jersey to play in and it has a Pro's name on it I replace the name bar with my own last name. Not out of any sense of vanity or grandeur, I just feel weird wearing the name of someone half my age.
Plus, I'm a Canucks fan and don't need the "LOLongo" chirps from my friends who are Oilers fans.
If I buy a jersey to wear off-ice, it'll only have a name of a player in his veteran years. Why? I have no idea. I'm 50, look 40, but don't want a Hodgson jersey to try and look 30. I'd rock a Lidstrom, but not a Henrique. I know, it makes no sense.

In all my years of playing, I found that the further away from elite ice leagues, the more the overcompensation. Flashier numbers in roller, more fights and taking it waaay too seriously in ball hockey. I saw a ball team wearing authentic Kings jerseys in 1993, with every player wearing the same gloves and helmets as the rest. Thir captain had a 99 and a C. He took a minor for unsportsmanlike before the opening face off after swearing at a ref that couldn't stop laughing at him. True story.
One of the things that drives me INSANE is guys coming to pickup in orange, teal, mustard, or whatever, but no black or white jersey. It's distracting, fries my retinas, and makes keeping track of who's on what team difficult.

I chirp in fun and never make it mean, except for telling one goof that he skated like a player from the movies. When he asked which one, I said the chimp from "MVP", except slower.

kevinsane is online now   Reply With Quote