View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 07:40 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I'm fine with his retirement. I liked having Pronger on the Flyers, because he was (still) an amazing defensemen. But I really won't mind not having to listen to him be a cocky ****** with everyone that ever interviews him. He'll probably get amnestied if that's an option. Take his 5 million and pay someone else, on to the next one.

I really like Jagr but I probably wouldn't re-sign him at this point. He showed he definitely still has tremendous skill early in the season, and then he started to show his age not long thereafter. Same with Carle. I think his defensive ability is greatly underrated because of how passive/reactionary his approach is. He pretty much concedes possession of the puck to the other team once they've got it and just stays with his man. He doesn't have the physical skills to do more than that, but he's also really good at playing his style of D. He clogs lanes really well, and has a good stick. Still not the stuff of great defenders, but he does well enough.

Holmgren should perhaps move a little salary (where is certainly up for debate), give Wellwood and an AHL defenseman full time job, then go after Suter with Jagr, Carle and Pronger's money.

I really, really like the looks of this (on paper, at least):

Kimmo - Suter
Coburn - Grossmann
Mezsaros - Gustaffson/Manning/Bourdon

I think Kimmo is a 55 point defenseman again if he got paired with Suter. Cart before the horse here of course, who's to say where he ends up.
He can't retire; it would royally screw the Flyers. If he retires, you are stuck with his cap hit.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote