Old
06-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Interesting.

Koekkoek is an interesting guy, too. Played big minutes prior to getting injured on a poor team, but played well. I think some team is getting a gem - likely in the 15-25 pick range.

Wonder if the Isles are interested in Rielly at #4?
I've watched Koekkoek and I'm telling ya whoever drafts him is getting a top 3 defenseman. Had he not got injured I'd bet he would be a guaranteed top 10-15 pick. He does it all for his team and when he went down to injury it was incredible how noticeable his absence was.

If he slips to the second round like i've seen some projections claiming, whoever gets him will be absolutely laughing. He's just as good as Cody Ceci at this point (though remember, Ceci has 3 years experience to Koekkoek's 2) and has just as much potential. All in all, he's as solid as a rock. He'll be yet another quality player out of a long list of them coming from the Peterborough Petes organization.

I still wouldn't be surprised or shocked at all to see a wise team draft Koekkoek in the top 15, or close to it. If they've done their homework, they'll know how good he is and can be. And so long as his shoulder appears fine, and going by the combine it does seem fine, that will make teams feel a lot better.

Last edited by Guerzy: 07-23-2012 at 01:10 PM.