Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Hear me out.

I have a new found respect for Gaborik. Playing with a torn rotator cuff like he did is admirable. It really is.

I do feel though that we need to trade him and get a good return for him. He has contributed greatly to the Rangers, but the injuries are just too much.

He sucked it up and played all 82 games and every playoff game, but now we will be without Gaborik until November/December.

The injuries just keep on stockpiling. In one way or another, his injuries will continue to hamper us. I appreciate Gaborik and respect him a lot, but in a business like this one, it's time for him to go. This has become a way of life with Gaborik and if we hang on to him, we will continue to suffer.

Like I said, I respect the man a ****load, and appreciate his efforts and contributions, but it's time for a change.
Good post Hags. It really makes you wonder what could have been if he wasn't injured. It's sad and frustrating but the man tried his best to play through it. Business wise what we have to do apparent--trade him if the right return is available. But that doesn't make it an easy pill to swallow. We could get the scoring depth we lack, especially after a Nash trade for example. It could even free up cap space. If we do trade him we'd have to trade him out west though.

This sucks, but it's true.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote