View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 08:16 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
What exactly does this mean??? High end depth? I would think that high end depth means NHL callibre players. I'm not sure if you mean depth in say high talent scorers. In my opinion teams don't keep top end scorers down on the farm if they can help it. I'm not saying that there's no value to having high talent guys playing a lot on the farm for developments sake, just that to me "high end" means NHL callibre.

Sarno may fall into the veteran depth category, he's had 4 years of pro experience. I wouldn't call him an NHL callibre player though.

But, we used to have Pittis, Swanson and Cleary playing on a fairly regular basis. Now we can through in one of 15 forwards and be confident that they will contribute more than those three ever did. I agree that there are "deeper" teams. Ottawa and LA for example. But other teams like Toronto and Detroit, don't, in my opinion, have the same quality and quantity of NHL players they can insert into their line-ups without hesitation.
High-end depth would mean a high number players considered to be top six forwards and top four d-men. Your top lines are full of talent, that's what high-end depth would be.

We have lots of players capable of 3rd and 4th line duty, but a lack of those that would be considered top-six on big-time teams.