Old
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
One thing I know is if NJD missed the playoffs, Parise would've been an LA King
How certain are you of that? It didn't seem like there was too much of a threat for New Jersey to miss the playoffs this year.

With that said, this bit of news should come as no surprise. Even after acquiring Carter, the Kings seemed to always be in the hunt for more firepower as they also tried to acquire Rick Nash in a separate deal.

They tried to court Kovalchuk in 2010 and Brad Richards in 2011, even after they had acquired Mike Richards just days earlier. If the Kings win the Cup, their pitch to high caliber free agents is going to be easier to sell.

It also helps that Parise has a few friends on the team (Brown and Greene, and was also teammates with Quick on the US Olympic squad). Who knows how much it'll take to convince him to sign out here and relocate to the West, but I think he'd quickly adjust to the lifestyle here.

There is no way he's going to sign with Minnesota or Buffalo. Besides New Jersey, I'd say the Kings and Red Wings have the best shot at signing Parise. Having said that, I think he stays in New Jersey. He's their captain, has spent his entire career with the Devils, and I think Lou and Brodeur will coax him to stay. Lou Lamoriello has a way with re-signing his own players, it worked with Kovalchuk and I see it happening here with Parise.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote