View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Not even close. The talent in Toronto is minimal at best and although they are making due without key players they are a long way from being deep and even longer from being deepest. I love this team and would take them to beat any other in the league but they have little depth. No centermen past the top 4 (including Oates), few d-men, and only prospects for forwards. Not many of which are ready or near ready. Still a ton of work to do.
The talent in Toronto is minimal because the big club has two of the top players in Sarno and Salmo.

Let's look at the center position: Oates, Comrie (sitting, but still counts in a depth chart, he's still club property), York, Reasoner, Stoll and Horcoff. Are you telling me that at least 5 of these guys couldn't crack 90% of NHL teams today? I think they would. Not to mention Smyth has filled in at center as well and Sarno is capable of filling in part-time on the 4th line.

Having prospects at forward isn't that bad. Look around the league, there are few teams putting out the call to career AHLers when someone goes down with an injury. The Habs aren't breaking doors down to get Benoit Gratton in the line-up.