Thread: Ian Cole
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 05:41 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 500
Cole still has pretty clear top four potential but it is yet to be determined if he's the future partner for Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. When I look back on the team this year I see that there were not a whole lot of opportunities for Hitch to put Cole in game situations where he was in a position to succeed without needing to shift our other LHD around and take them out of situations that they were successful in. Cole got a few shots to play next to Pietrangelo, and I would say it was maybe 40/60 good versus bad(and I use the term bad pretty loosely here). We need to keep in mind his experience level in his evaluation. If Cole is getting some shifts next to Pietrangelo those are not "easy minutes", so I expect someone with his experience level to have some ups and downs in those situations and I'm not going to complain when they happen. He also spent some time next to Polak and he looked fine there. That pairing was too much of the same thing from both d-men so it didn't have a real good synergy to it. Cole's offensive skillset is a little better than he's given credit for, but Russell/Polak just compliment each other better than Cole and Polak do.

Last edited by BlueBeard: 06-01-2012 at 05:48 PM.
BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote