View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 06:28 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Notice I said we arent good trading partners in my post?
That being said, there is something to be said for havnig Klefbom and Teubert ready for when we trade Leopold and lose RR via free agency, and trade/let go of weber...the cash potentially freed up going into next year's free agency offsets any discrepancy between mcnabb and klefbom's value imo.

If you look ahead next offseason we'll have:
Myers,Ehrhoff,Sekera,McNabb

Free agents=sulzer,leopold,RR
RFA:Weber

That leaves 3-4 bottom pairings that need filling and so far Brennan looks to be the only GOOD dman ready, perhaps Psryk and Leduc progress but that still leaves holes that young dmen could fill for us...
This doesn't make any sense to me. We aren't saving money in this trade. All of the players in your trade are on ELCs. The only money saved is potentially losing the players you mentioned which is irrelevant because we have plenty of other guys on ELCs that can step in at that point. Pysyk should be ready to make the Sabres in 13-14 after one year in Rochester and we still have Brennan, JGL, Schiestel, etc. Adding another defenseman makes no sense. If anything, we should be moving defenseman for forward prospects.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote