View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
BigDuke6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It's a complete mess most of the time.

Usually one end is occupied by a handful of high schoolers who are shooting and skating and doing mini drills, there's inevitably one E-W lane that's got a dad trying to teach several kids how to skate, and then another group of mites running drills in another end, a handful of 8-10 year olds weaving in and out of everyone's way, and then I have nothing to do but shoot a puck at the boards because that's the only tiny amount of space left.

But sometimes there's only a few people out and the whole fresh ice and net is yours and it's awesome.
That is hilarious because you just described 90% of the sticktimes (that's what they call them) at my local rink.

I will say that if you go early in the morning you can usually avoid a lot of kids on the ice (615AM), and typically if you can do a 715AM sticktime (on a weekday) there won't be more than 6 people out there, you just can't make it to work on time.

I take my 9 year old about once a week, but I never take him to the 615 session. It is all adults and they don't need a kid zooming around, plus it is a little riskier for him being the only kid. 715AM on a weekday and we are usually golden with lots of free ice.

BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote