View Single Post
Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I like those moves but it's not enough.

How can you feel comfortable going into the season, and especially the playoffs with Gaborik as our primary and only goal-scorer? Didn't we see how that works the last two post-seasons? Especially this one since we had a much better team all-around.

We cannot rely on Gaborik to a) be 100% healthy and b) carry the offense as the only legit goal scoring threat

It's insanity to think otherwise. Literally, it's the definition of insanity. Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If Ovechkin can't carry the offensive load by himself, Marian Gaborik certainly can't either.

We NEED to add a top-line forward, preferably a goal scorer, but at the very least someone who can be counted on to be a factor in those tight playoff games when we NEED to score a goal.
Because there's not many options out there.

I don't want Nash at all and Parise will likely cost a massive overpayment to pry him away from NJ. I said i'd like Ryan. If Sather can get him for a Del Zotto and pick or something, I would possibly do it. I'd hate to lose him, though.