View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 12:08 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Just had a thought here... maybe it's off-base, but...

Is Steve Ott not the quintessential Philadelphia Flyers player? I mean, he fits that organization right down to a T. They got rid of Carcillo and Rinaldo is in the process of washing out/showing he can't play under control. There might be a spot for an agitating faceoff-winning winger.

Ott
13th overall

JVR
20th overall

Philly gets into the range to take one of the well-regarded Dmen (Ceci, Maatta, Pouliot, Trouba) and cuts over a million off their cap (also freeing up long-term flexibility) while gaining a player who will contribute now and won't be asked to do too much with their depth at forward. The Stars take on the riskier, currently overpaid, higher-upside player who possibly needs a change of scenery and then move back into the range of the 2nd tier centers (Hertl/Jankowski).

Does this make sense to anyone else?
Too good to be true?

I agree with you that Ott is a quintessential Flyers type player. I think a swap of those two players only occurs if Philly is done banking on JVR's potential and is ready to insert a piece to their lineup that they know exactly what to expect. They have enough young players that the possibility is definitely there for them to want a little veteran consistency to plug into their top 9.

I could see something like this happening but if it does it will likely have a couple more moving parts like us sending a 4th for their 5th or something along those lines.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote