View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
As a Kings fan, I would say that even though it would be very difficult giving up Grebeshkov, I would do so for Comrie. Here's why:

Most defensemen don't blossom until they are in there late 20's. Gleason right now is playing terrific and with that being said, the other defensemen we have are holding up their end of the bargain. Norstrom, Corvo, Gleason, Miller, Visnovsky, and Modry are solid. I have a feeling that Kuznetsov has the capability to play at the NHL level and be a solid 5-6 defenseman if called upon. Aaron Rome is in the pipeline and is a very good talent and we have some solid players that are in the fold such as Petoit, whom the Kings are high on, as well as Ziska.

It is absolutely unkown when Deadmarsh or Allison will be back in a Kings uniform again. With that being said and with LA trying to stay in contention a move has to be made. Armstrong is still about 6 weeks away and getting Stumpel and Palffy back by the end of the week is the only bright spot to look forward to.

Comrie is 23. He is in essence a "prospect" age player. There is not that much difference in maturity of someone who is 20 versus 23. The thing that Comrie has over someone like Grebeshkov is experience. It is a fact that Comrie can play, and play well, at the NHL level. If LA wants to make the playoffs and do well, they should add Comrie. If they are lucky enough to get a healthy Armstrong, Deadmarsh, and Allison, I'm sure that Mike Comrie could play the wing. The team is a solid team and if it is possible to not give up any of the young players making a contribution on this team right now, i.e. Frolov, Cammalleri, Brown, and Gleason, then I would hope that DT would make a move.

If DT can get Comrie for less, say Ziska and Kanko, or a mid range prospect, then go for it, but I just think that Lowe is playing hardball even though with this Perry offer, it seems that he is not getting the kind of offers he would like in return.

Just my .02
My feeling is the anaheim offer of
Perry and a 2nd is their offer and Lowe was asking for Lupal and a 2nd.

I could see them falling in the middle at Chistov and a 2nd or Edm adds a player or 2 like Laraque, Horcoff, chimera or Rita and asks for Vishnevski as well.