View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Petes96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Young 17 year old on first line, Betzold(rookie) and Nosad on second line.... We would miss playoffs again.

Also, do you have inside scoop about Puempel or are you purely speculating?
the team is young and is building for next season when the Mem cup is in Windsor. The Pete's will be competing with Kingston for top spot at that time. This team will make playoffs this year. The eastern side is not very strong with the exception of Ottawa, Brampton and Oshawa.

Niagara and Sudbury will take over the Petes spot at the bottom of the standings this year as they are re-building.

The entire left side of the team are young and will be going through some growing pains until one of the young guns steps up and takes over some of the well deserved minutes (Thompson, Betzold, Maguire) are all first year players. With the exception of Thompson getting a few games in but I see him as more of an energy guy who contributes with momentum through hard hits and fights. Betzold and Maguire have a great opportunity to get some exceptional ice time.

I don't have an inside scoop on Puempel but I am merely speculating on what the Petes can get for him and the direction of the team. With the need of centers and right wing he and Mathers can get some much needed help in both situations for this year and next year that will contribute to a team that will be contending in 2013.

there will be one or two surprises come out of main camp as some regulars are going to lose their jobs because of free agents and young guys wanting their jobs.

Don't count this team out. From what I'm seeing from the outside Reid has done an exceptional job the last two drafts and is building character players for roles. Koekkoek will be back this year and will quarterback this team with a minimum of 25 min per game. Bolland will be healthy and will contribute. Murphy and Seymour and great d-men as well. So the growing pains of the offense not producing will be controlled by the defense keeping the puck out and chipping in up front.

Its Nosad, Varga, Murphy and Giggy's draft year so you know they will be out to impress. Next season it will be Ritchie, Cornell and Maguire's draft year. Grow with what Reid is producing for a very long expected successful team starting this year.

The Pete's don't need to trade for another teams dead weight just to fill spots when they can develop what they have. Reid needs to make calculated smart trades and moves that will benefit the team.