View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 11:41 AM
northvanman

vCash: 500
2012/13 Regular Season Schedule

The schedule for next season has been posted on the OUA website:

http://www.leaguestat.com/oua/men/en...n&season_id=79

Historically, there's some tinkering with it for the month after it's been posted, with the changes highlighted in red

Haven't looked at it in great detail, but a few things I noticed:

- they've moved the division crossovers back to the first two weeks of November after having them during the first two weeks of the season last year. I prefer this because the teams are more settled in after having played 6-8 games and I think it gives a better read on where the the divisions are relative to each other. Although the West had a down year last year, I never believed there was as much difference between the two divisions as the crossover records indicated.

- Lakehead, who had a pretty light schedule last year, have a pretty tough set of crossovers this year - Carelton and UQTR. They also play Waterloo 4 times, and Windsor 4 times - the Lancers finished the regular season last year stronger than anyone and very nearly took out Western in the playoffs. On the other hand, they only play Western twice, with both games in Thunder Bay.

- Western and McGill will play during during the regular season for the first time since the full division crossovers were introduced a few years ago. Hopefully this will help settle the debate about who's better

- Western has moved back to 7pm home game times

- Laurier, who had a terrible season last year, seem to have about the weakest schedule in the division - probably the way it should be. They only play Lakehead twice, Western 3 times, and have RMC, Ryerson, and Concordia as 3 or their 4 crossovers (Carleton is the other)

northvanman is offline   Reply With Quote