Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Tarasenko will play for Blues
View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
That was the first thing that struck me too, but not that extreme. I'm interested to see how Hitchkocks system will affect him, or at least his offensive production.
Tarasenko plays the type of hockey that will fit in very well in St. Louis. He isn't great defensively, but he doesn't hide from his responsibilities and uses his size and strength well.

His point totals might not be outstanding next season, but I don't think there is any reason to worry about Hitch being the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Considering chemistry between him and Tarasenko, they can be really lethal on the 3rd line. They will just need some defensively responsible guy to add.
You know, if the Blues were comfortable with having Steen at center, then I think bringing Lehterä over would make a lot of sense. Lehterä could start the season as the third line C, and if it really doesn't work put him in Peoria and move Steen to C and let Schwartz/D'Agostini take his spot on LW.

The problem is if we aren't comfortable with Steen at C, and he isn't great at faceoffs, is that a deal for Lehterä becomes close to unworkable. It means we have to bring in someone else who is capable as a third line center, which means extra competition for Lehterä, making him less likely to be willing to sign.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote