Thread: Speculation: 2012 Draft Discussion - Part II
View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Makarov is a mid rounder AT BEST. I would think 4-6 round, somewhere in there.

The LA Kings were the first team to draft a goalie last year, in the middle of the second round. And they have the best goalie in the NHL, and one of the top 3-5 young backups with elite potential. It is always a good idea to have plenty of goalie depth. If Andrei Vaslevski is there at 38 I would hope the Jets don't dismiss him cause he is a goalie, you take the BPA. But I doubt he is and there is no goalie the Jets should consider at 9.
Makarov had such a good WJC, in games versus Canada and Sweden, that it wouldn't surprise me if he went earlier than his ranking. Though, in hindsight, the 2nd round is still a bit early, i agree.

He had a good 1st half and WJC, then up and down in the 2nd half and a iffy playoff. But i think some team remembers the pressure and performance of the WJC, and takes him, maybe in the 3rd round.

Subban seems to be gaining momentum, if you believe the TSN Combine show hype, but if he's taken in the top 10, I'd be shocked. Taken in the 1st round, sure. And maybe by TB, with one of their 2 1st rd picks.