View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
cfaub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
No, I'll spell it out slowly for you cfaub.

To Windsor
7 overall import
3rd round pick
2nd round pick

To Owen Sound
Garrett Wilson
4th round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

I'm saying the 2nd and 3rd picks are basically a wash in this deal. Obviously the picks were in different spots of those rounds, and in different years, but for the sake of our discussion we'll pretend that a 2nd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010 have the same value making the exchange of 2nds and 3rds a saw off. At the end of the day, it was Wilson (a 3rd round OHL pick with 7 games of experience at the time) and a 4th for the 7 overall import pick. Any way you slice it, that's nowhere close to the same price you are suggesting with Clarke and Marchese. 2 roster players who were important parts of last years team are not the same as a 4th round pick and a kid in junior B.
Jug

I guess you missed the earleir post, Ottomatic already cleared up the picks/deals, no problem.

Like Rayzor was saying, still feel Wilson was better, carried more value when he was dealt then Clarke.

Admitted, from the start if you read it all that the two were an overpayment.

Clarke, while he played regularly I would disagree that he was a big part, main part, integral part or irreplaceable part to this team. A player who made a contribution? yes but not one who could not be replaced.

Could he bring more next season? maybe or he could jutst show some steady, expected improvement but nothing of significance that makes him irreplaceable.

Marchese, came in did decent offensively, showed almost no two way game and like Clarke, could be replaceable unless he shows some solid improvement.

Outside of being a 94 and 95 they are two decent players, not standouts on a team that struggled. Can they bring more this season and next? If they aren't moved, not saying they will be then I would hope so.

cfaub is offline   Reply With Quote