View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
This is My Swamp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
We have the chance to trade Staal for some depth (and possible ELC prosps) that can really help us. Will the parts alone be better than Staal? Probably not. Will the sum of the parts be better than Staal? Who knows.

In deciding what to do...its tough. I can see the argument either way. I'd like to keep him in favor of trading him. The only reason...if Malkin or Crosby ever go down...we have the 2C right there. Too valuable to want to give up.

There's the catch...for us to keep Staal and give him the $$$ he'll be happy with...over trading him for a good package...Staal HAS to perform. Simple as that. We need mid season Staal...not last part of the season Staal. Playoff Staal. Not just for a couple weeks...but all year long no matter who is in the lineup or where he plays.

For us to make the commitment...he has to be worth the money every game. It will be absolute death for the Pens if he pulls a Martin. We can't afford that.
Exactly. That's been the constant issue with Staal...consistency. I'm not saying the guy has to be a point per game player, but he needs to show up every game if we're gonna pay him what he wants. I'd take that chance, but who knows how it'll turn out. I trust that this man will figure it out...