View Single Post
Old
11-25-2003, 11:49 PM
V for Voodoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Now, what do you not understand about the following statement: The Capitals lack power/size/aggressiveness up front. Zubrus provides that. Trade him away for another soft/offensive blueliner and we weaken ourselves more than we strengthen ourselves. Yes Rachunek is better then half our defensemen, but Zubrus is better than 90% of our forwards this year.
As much as the Caps lack power/size/aggressiveness up front, they lack nhl defensemen much more.
Rachunek would be your 3rd dman as it stands (maybe 2nd.), and he is a few years from prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
Oh, and if you think Zubrus doesn't provide that power/size/aggressiveness, I'll tell you that you haven't seen many Caps games this season. I've seen every single one and can tell you that Zubrus is by far our most consistent forward when it comes to being visible on the ice, playing the body, driving the net, setting up in the crease and jumping on rebounds. He's one of the few Caps forwards getting consistent scoring chances every game. Even when our entire team has pretty much given up, I'll see Zubby come out of nowhere, throw some power move and get a really good scoring chance with an opponent or two on his back. We don't have anyone else who does that right now, so excuse me if I'm reluctant to give him up for some soft offensive blueliner.
If you think Rachunek 'soft' and just an 'offensive blueliner', I'll tell you that you haven't seen many Sens games this season, or ever.