Old
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Steve Mazzagatti says hi.

That's just a joke, I'm in complete agreement with you.

Dana has said it a thousand times & it is so true, mote retires fighters need to get into judging & reffing. Hell, more lower end professional fighters need to get into it for that matter. It seems like 85% of them have no idea what is going on in the cage.

It's no coincidence that Herb Dean and Big John are the best if all-time.
Big John has done the same thing as Winslow did last night on at least one occasion -- Din Thomas' fight with Jeremy Stephens about 5 years ago. I don't recall Dana going off about what an awful ref Big John is afterwards or giving Stephens his win bonus Whoever was reffing the Shane Roller/TJ Grant fight a few months ago (I think it was Yamasaki?) also stepped in to stop the fight before Roller submitted. Winslow's had some questionable performances in the past, but I think she's catching way too much flak over this one. Protecting fighter safety is a big part of a ref's job, and if your arm is locked out and all you're doing is sitting there making faces as it gets hyperextended then I think the ref is entirely within his or her rights to stop the fight. To use an expression that comes up a lot in MMA -- you aren't "intelligently defending" yourself.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote