View Single Post
Old
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
The only numbers I remember seeing are that the combined registered hockey players for North America is roughly 500,000, while the main European countries fall somewhere in between 50-100k. There's a big gap but for the sake of the argument I was saying lets just call it even. And also yes that's what I meant, the best North American minds are concentrated on 30 teams. Most teams will employ a few European scouts but other than that there's no real management/coaching imports over here.
The registration number is totally meaningless when you are talking about the quality of hockey programs. There are less than 500 Canadians in the NHL, so take the 500 or so in the NHL and subtract that number from the total number that are allegedly registered, and you get 499,500 registered Canadians who aren't good enough to play in the NHL. If you aren't good enough to play in the NHL, then you are incapable of contributing toward Canada winning international trophies. Canadian posters are the first to say that if the very best Canadian players are not on the roster, then there is little chance of Canada winning a Gold or Silver medal. So the total registration number is just a meaningless statistic.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote