View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 01:01 AM
outofrange

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
This win was all about Quick. The Kings' play throughout the game concerned me, but they finally stepped it up in OT and had control for most of the OT period. Would like to see that type of control for 60 minutes. If they can sustain that, these games wouldn't be going to OT. After Game 1, people were quick to hand the Conn Smythe to Kopitar. I think Quick's taken over the lead now with his amazing performance tonight. He's going to get a nice extension this summer, and he's going to be worth every penny.
I've bagged on him at points during the POs, but the dude was a wall today. He was so dialed in. It felt like Quickie of the reg. season stealing a win for the guys.

I think coming back home will help the guys a great deal. Back on the WC, back at home, slightly better ice, and less adjustment period.

Also it's really obvious that Brownie got hurt in the last series thanks to those ****ing cheapshots. Richie looks slow too. I think at this point, just to add more jump to the team, you've got to put in a guy like Clifford or Gags into the lineup. They've looked too lethargic at points during games 1 and 2, and I do think part of the reason is because the Devils aren't a dirty rah-rah team. There's nothing to feed off. No Doan, no Smith, no Backes, no Kesler, no Burrows, etc. etc.

I see us winning one game at home and the Devils snagging another one.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote