View Single Post
Old
11-26-2003, 04:37 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
After being suprised at Lundy being scratched for a 2nd straight game I started thinking he's definetely getting moved and they don't want to risk injury which would nix the deal but I was thinking he was maybe part of a package going for Comrie who's rumoured to be dealt in the next 7-10 days.

Now seeing this with Jagr it certainly raises the possibility of him going for Jagr.

And while I don't think many would argue that Jagr is still great when motivated it's always been about the big $$$ left on his contract and how it will affect us post CBA.If it's just a monetary issue as in a luxury tax then I don't acre but if it's a hard cap then there is just no way you can make this deal and being that no one is quite sure this would be one scary deal.

Longterm this can be a terrible deal and one Slats shouldn't make but who knows what this man thinks.

The one positive in the short term would be I think Jagr would be a perfect linemate for Lindros who can't keep playing on a 4th line if we are going anywhere.Putting Jagr at 6'2 225lbs with his strenght on the puck and along the boards to go along woth the skill and then putting that with Eric's big body and skill can really be a fantastic pairing.

Bottom line is while Jagr is attractive for obvious reasons I don't think the team is in a desperate enough situation to take on all that risk that comes with his contract and the baggage that he carries.I think Detroit would probrably be a better fit and hopefully they are the ones that make the move for JJ.