Old
06-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Yeah, but its not like the pool of teams that would need his services would be all that great at this point. Not many competitive teams would bring him in as a backup, even for only one season, when they can go a cheaper option and put more towards forwards or defense. Where could he start immediately? Not likely a team thats just a "player away". I don't mean to make it sound like this, but the CBJ might be the only team "dumb" enough to part with anything of value for Thomas anyways at this point.

The cynic in me immediately thought that he got wind that his name is linked to Columbus and he decided it was time. The fact that he's talking about a sabbatical and not retirement tells me that, even though it may change, he still wants to play, just not under his current deal and I ask myself, why not?

I don't doubt that you're theory is, at its core, the main reason as I am agreeing with you, put taking it step further, I just think that the potential for the aforementioned "trade to columbus, I'm sitting out for at least a season" can't be utterly dismissed, certainly not when everyone in the league knows the CBJ are probably the weakest team in net in all the league.
I call bull****. I'm not interested in these sorts of conspiracy theories. If y'all want to go and whine about how we earned it because we dressed provocatively walking through the park had a ****** season, that's fine, but do it by yourselves and on your own time rather than spreading it around and trying to claim it's a reasonable theory.

I am SO. DAMN. TIRED. of this line. SICK OF IT.

Don't you people have any self-respect?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!