View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Hansen Brother

vCash: 500
I've been wondering for some time whether or not we should think about trading Postma and/or Kulda for something (likely picks I would imagine).

With regards to Postma, from what I understand he sounds like a Buff-lite. Good on the offense, not too good at defense. I've read here if we were to trade out Enstrom we should look to Postma to fill the position. Ignoring the difference in ability there is the simple fact Enstrom is LH and Postma is RH. If were to trade anyone and expect Postma to fill the spot I think it would be Buff. Otherwise I think we should try to trade Postma for something useful. I don't know what we could get, maybe a 2nd or third, no idea really?

I like Kulda, think he plays a pretty decent game and was disappointed when he didn't get to stay with the team when he got called up. From the bit I watched him and what I've read about him it seems he would make a pretty good bottom pairing defenceman. The problem with that on the Jets is Stuart has the bottom pairing LD pretty much sewn up. Now my questions is, once Kulda gets a season or two of NHL experience how much of a drop would there be between him and what we have now in Stuart? If Kulda could play the left side for a season and put Stuart on his offside (right) and then trade Stuart, in theory that would be better asset management. We would take something no one wants (Kulda), turn him into something we need (Stuart 2.0), and trade the now surplus Stuart who other teams would want.

If there's anything we have in our system it's middling defensive prospects. We need to start making good use of them to improve the team and I think, in theory, that is the way we should make use of those two.

Thoughts?

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote