View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
TheFirebird
Resurget Cineribus

vCash: 500
Slightly off-center from the topic being discussed, but I was wondering what people on the boards here make of the idea of the Wings trading up in the draft:

Do you see the Red Wings trading up? Is there more reason for them to trade down, i.e. multiple 2nd/3rd rounders?

Which team would make an ideal candidate for the Wings to trade with?

Do the Wings stand a chance at trading for a high first round pick? (they likely won't, but what would they offer to do so?)

If I were to put odds on teams that would make ideal draft day trade partners for the Wings, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings attempt to deal Stuart's rights to Anaheim, and perhaps there would be a way of getting the Islander's first round pick, i.e. Kindl, White and rights to Hudler. They have professed a desperate need for defense and a desire for secondary scoring. I also, admittedly, still feel slighted at their poaching Nabakov from wavers

Silly idea to be tossing around, I know, but a combination of boredom and the potential of Holland/Devellano going postal between now and the end of Free Agency is too tempting to ignore.

TheFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote