View Single Post
Old
03-31-2006, 01:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
My only hope is that they didn't sign Potulny just for the sake of signing him. I do hope that they get him into some games to see if he's ready to make the jump or if he needs a year in the AHL. I can't think of worse way to waste a talent than by having him sit on the bench and watch everyone else play or sit in the press box. It would be a waste of signing just to have him hanging around. Once again, and this is the point that we should be stressing, young players need to play. I don't care if it's the NHL, AHL, ECHL, Europe, Japan, whatever. They need to play. Sitting them on the end of the bench or pressbox doesn't do them a world of good.

Now, with that being said, I'm also not opposed to delaying Potulny's debut until the playoffs start or if he's being used as an injury replacement. I know that Hitch likes to start with spoonfeeding ice time to youngsters, but this might be a time to give throw Potulny into the fire just to see how he fares out. If he's not ready, then we know what needs to be done and where he needs to go. If he is ready, then we could all be pleasantly surprised with the addition of yet another talented young forward to the mix.