View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 02:49 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Radulov's character screams Zherdev 2.0 so for those reasons I would pass, however if they Preds are only asking a 3rd rounder and mid level prospect it is worth exploring. My issue is that Torts is not the type of coach that can take a player with issues and get him to buy into his system, either players come in here and fit in or they don't. They have a good locker room and a bunch of young kids, is Radulov the type of player we want in here? I think we are missing that top 6 veteran winger who can score some clutch goals to put us over the top.
He does scream Zherdev--Jones ripped him into shreds over his giveaways and back checking or lack of. That doesn't mean he can't improve or be pushed to improve in those areas but his on ice game as of right now definitely lacks many of the qualities that the current Rangers have tried to instill in their team. Guys like Avery, Wolski and Christensen could not live up to those standards and I have doubts that Radulov will either. So if he can't or won't make that kind of commitment are we going to make an exception in his case just because he can add a little more goal scoring punch--and the next question would be at what cost--in assets going Nashville's way and contract to play here.

Doubtful that this is a good idea.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote