View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Oh I agree that the Loss of Frattin, Kadri and Zig is significant, there's no doubt about it. I just take issue with any sort of claim that Norfolk isn't the best team if they eventually end up winning the cup, just because the Leafs players are injured. Nobody is pretending that Vancouver was better than Boston last year even though they had Hamhuis out in the finals, the trophy goes to the best. Injuries are just one obstacle on the path to a championship and the best team is the one who overcomes all those obstacles. I'm sure Norfolk is banged up but their guys are either playing through it or they are getting contributions from the replacements. We need to do the same to have a chance to be called the best.
Norfork concluded the regular season with 28 consecutive wins down the stretch at one point..
Quote:
Remarkably, Norfolk (55-18-1-2) concluded the regular season with a North American professional hockey record 28-game winning streak. The Admirals haven't lost since Feb. 5.
This is no fluke operation here, but a really strong team.