Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftDumpInTheCorner View Post
If you look at the Baby Sharks depth chart in the AHL:
UFA: Mike Moore
RFA: Petrecki, Pelech, Irwin
Signed: Acolatse, Gogol, Albeitshauser, Doherty, Tennyson

It will be interesting to see if Moore will be resigned considering he was on a 1 way deal last season and the team captain. He could look for greener pastures to play in the bigs. I dont think Pelech will be offered a contract since Tennyson and Albeitshauser will be coming into the lineup.

That leaves Petrecki and Irwin. Irwin had a nice season for himself last season point wise, not sure how his overall game has progressed, but I think it may be wise to give him another shot.

Petrecki, Im sure will be offered another contract, probably a 2 year deal. I too have not gone that far to write him off, most average defenseman take time to mature. I think by the time any D man is 25-26 years old you should know if they are capable of playing in the NHL. Its really up to the Sharks org. to give him time and space to grow. And they cant afford to be throwing away 1st round picks anymore.
I think Moore is leaving and Pelech is likely to be kept. From what 210 and Speed have said, he's probably ready to be a #7 in the NHL. If Murray is moved, Pelech likely has even more chance of making the NHL with the Sharks (he has a small amount of NHL experience elsewhere). And by all reports he seems to be exactly the type of character guy that DW says he likes.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote