View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 04:55 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
When did Brandon Dubinsky score 25 goals? Forgive me if I don't count 10+ years ago on the Winter Hawks. lol I'm talking about a legitimate 25 goal scorer like a Pominville, Kane, Ladd, Eriksson...not that I'm suggesting any of them are available, but simply that there's a difference between a guy who almost scored 25 goals once, and those who have exceeded that number multiple times. You add a legit 25 goal scorer to this lineup, insert Kreider, get a half dozen more goals from Dubinsky and incremental improvement from guys like Hagelin and Stepan and this is easily a top 10, probably closer to top 5 offense. They won't be grinding out goals nearly the way they did this year. And if Richards and Gaborik are the focus of the opposition there will still be enough firepower to put the puck in the net. When you add a "game-breaker" you are hoping to get close to what you paid for him in return. In a hard cap era that's usually a recipe for disaster. Is Nash going to give us 7.8M in value? Doubtful. Maybe he could score 50. Otherwise we're just wasting money. But that's just my opinion.
Yea Dubinsky scored 24 goals last year, but I can see the difference in what you're saying but I still think we need someone that's more than an average 25 goal scorer. Any given year a player can score 20-25 goals (i.e. Dubinsky, Boyle, etc.) so while I see that you're talking about adding a constant 25 goal scorer I don't view that as much of a difference.

Like I said I think this team needs another 35+ goal scorer that not only can create offense by himself but make his teammates better. I guess it's just a different philosophy lol.