View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500

Draft Recap

4. Mathew Dumba - No brainer here. Missed the pick, but he was still my choice. Fills an organizational need and was the BPA.

34. Matia Marcantuoni - A bit of a reach here. Was worried he would not fall to the 3rd round. Had a good combine, so perhaps he is actually taken this early. The Isles need goalscorers and explosive forwards to help big bodies in Tavares, Moulson, Niederreiter, Okposo and Martin.

65. Jake McCabe - Like Dumba, the BPA and a need. Could be a solid partner for Dumba in the future, just big and steady.

103. Mackenzie MacEachern - A project pick. Good frame and skillset, going to a solid program (Michigan State).

124. Anton Zlobin - Good value here. Regardless of being an overager, it's tough to find 40 goal scorers in the 5th round. Reunite him with Kabanov.

125. Travis Brown - An unheralded player though he has good size and had a good year. Another tough defenceman for the system.

155. Zane Jones - Big body, plays a physical game. Hopefully he can be another Matt Martin.

185. Corbin Boes - Dropped because he is an overage goalie, but he has good size and made some huge strides this season. Good value in the 7th.

Fairly happy with the draft. I think Dumba will be a great player, those big forwards need a defenceman to lead the rush. It became more of a need with De Haan not quite asserting himself yet. Marcantuoni is a hit or miss, he will make or break the draft for me. Happy with my two 5th rounders.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote