View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 05:27 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
For your consideration:

The mods are doing a mock draft and I just picked Scott Kosmachuk (RW, Guelph/OHL) with our 2nd rounder. I haven't watched him play (like just about all the prospects) and I don't see him mentioned here but he's got a lot of things going for him on paper:

http://theprospectblog.com/2012/05/0...ott-kosmachuk/

Speed seems to be rated between good and excellent. He's a battler who does most of his work in the corners and around the net. Not big (5'11) but reportedly quite sturdy and strong. Very high motor. Right hand shot. Negatives include defensive work and lack of top-end hands.

I figured with the guys the Wings currently have in the system, a guy like Kosmachuk would be a great complementary piece. Maybe he's a 3rd/4th line plugger, or maybe he develops into a Dustin Brown type of player. I think if he pans out, he's the type of player that wins playoff games for you. The Wings have a lot of guys with world-class hands but nobody to get them the puck in a position to do something productive. He's projected to go around there somewhere so it's not a reach. None of the other guys that were left really blew my skirt up.

Thoughts?

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote