View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 07:00 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
That's exactly it. I guess a lot of people weren't too happy after they publicised the lists before the Saint John/St. John's expansion draft.

The thinking is that if you're not chosen, there's no need to know that you weren't protected.

As for lists though, part of Victoriaville's was leaked a little while ago. There's nothing surprising in it though - they are protecting all of their twenty-year-olds though.

Also, JF Plante and Luc Chenier seem pretty sure that we're not losing anyone in the expansion draft. I guess they don't like anyone enough to waste a contract spot. I can't remember what the roster limit is, but they likely won't use all of their expansion draft picks, given that they have two more drafts this summer.
From what I have read, Sherbrooke has already made a couple of deals behind the scene.

My guess is that they have already traded a bunch of their midget picks.

They'll likely only select 4 or 5 midget kids and 1 euro.

So they'll be picking a lot of players in the expansion draft + acquiring a bunch of guys like LeSieur, Comtois, Laflamme via trades.

They'll probably end up with more than 25 Q level guys in training camp... that's great for internal competition.

If they can attract a quality euro with their 1st overall pick in the CHL import draft, my guess is Sherbrooke will ice a very good team as soon as next season.

Audette - A.Comtois - EURO
Laflamme - McNamee - LeSieur
T.Comtois - Verret - Turnbull

Bernier-EURO
Archambault-Werthner
Beaudry

Gervais-Chouinard

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote