View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
I'd say the opposite, honestly. Speed is deadly in the NHL nowadays. I'd much rather have a speedy guy than one who relies on brute strength at the junior level, because that is less likely to transfer to the pro game.
Athanasiou may bust hard as an NHL level, or he could be the next Pascal Dupuis. I honestly haven't seen a guy skate that well since Pavel Bure. He could be one of the top 3 fastest skaters in the NHL if he gets there. It's boom or bust pick to be sure, but I would likely say the same goes for anyone who we select in this draft anywhere near #22. It's just that kind of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
I wouldn't be upset with Samuelsson in the 1st.. skating aside he does everything else you could ask of a player. Physical, good size, good hands, etc.

Ultimately it'd depend on who else is available, of course.

Interestingly, I just noticed that Samuelsson was originally ranked in the top 10 on Redline's first list at the beginning of the season in October. Obviously he has falled pretty far, but there must have been some attributes they liked about him enough to put him in that category. Then again, he was rated just behind Nick Ebert at #4

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/woodlief/index