Old
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I have a question about Brayden Schenn:

He was THN's best player not in the NHL last year before the trade. Since then, I have heard bascially nothing about him. In fact, when the trades are discussed involving Carter and Richards, his name is hardly mentioned. Has his progress really stalled? Is it just because of his injuries? What type of player is he expected to be? He was the player I was most excited about in the trade.
I'm not sure what articles you're reading, but everyone concerning the trades mentions Schenn and Simmonds.

His progress was stalled by injuries. I can't remember if he got hurt in camp or right after, but he missed some time. Then he got a concussion on a cheapshot and missed more time. Then he got back and broke his foot blocking a shot. In many ways, his season mirrored JVR's in that he kept getting unfortunate injuries.

On the very bright side, he showed tremendous competitiveness in the playoffs (again, dampened by Asham incredibly cheapshot in the Pitt series). He was our most dangerous hitter at times, made numerous excellent, creative passes to spring linemates for breakaways, has composure enough to play the point on the PP in the playoffs as a rookie, etc. I thought he was one of our best forwards vs. New Jersey, esp. since so many were clearly playing hurt (Giroux, Jagr, Briere, Couturier, Simmonds, etc.).

He's going to be a very good two-way centre (can play wing too), who will be a fixture on our PP and PK units for a long time. He's smart, creative, skilled and has character and no fear.

There is a lot to be excited about.

Last edited by Larry44: 06-03-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: How could I forget Giroux's wrist surgeries?