Thread: OT: IF there is a buyout
View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 09:03 PM
leaponover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
it's called a hunch. I had the hunch about Quick, but NOT THE REST OF LA.

I picked Phoenix, another in the Anaheim/Carolina/TB line of one hit blunders.

But I called Rick just watching how he goes down and abuses his body UNNECESSARILY in his "style" (sizzling bacon). Of course you hurt your knees playing like that. Hasek? He's a friggen marvel....now I just pray he stays retired (he's announced he wants more fame/glory/money at age 47, unretiring yet again.

So no fact other than I was making fun of sizzling bacon way back much to the chagrin of many and said he would get injured and retire early. I don't wanna look it up on the old posts - they might even be on Imania (why did I ever post there?) - but several people hated anything anti-Ricky but now are fed up as well.

Rick's style sucks and did him in. Maybe I'll look for ten year old posts saying he'd be hurt. Lemme try and get bored enough to go through the whole rigmarole.
Haha, no need to delve into them. I wasn't really looking for proof just wondering if your rationale back then was more like, "i hope this kid doesn't get hurt the way he flops around" or, "I think this kid is going to be injured most of his NHL career and we never should have drafted him". I could see it being the former but if you were really thinking the latter than you definitely need to buy a lotto ticket or something!

Wow, if Hasek comes out of retirement I'll be shocked!!

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote