Old
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I understand the need for top end talent, but if Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, and Gorges is a solid NHL blueline...well...get Anaheim on the phone...don't draft any blueliners...we've been set for years. That's still a blueline core that can use work. Murray would easily sit right behind Subban on that list.

You guys keep talking about your forward core like it's totally damaged. Patches, Plekanec, Desharnais...I would trade quite a bit to get one of those guys. Not to say don't draft forward, but the Habs are damaged in their depth...not in their scoring up front. They have an incomplete roster. They can take help anywhere they can get it. That's all I'm trying to say...well actually I'm trying to say, enough with the "Galchenyuk won't make it past 3 guaranteed", because we hear it every year, and every year there's someone who falls and everyone is just shocked.
The reason why we say the Habs wont take a defenseman in the first round..
Subban, Emelin, Gorges, Diaz and Weber are all young blue-liners currently on the team who have had a positive impact.
Nash, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, St. Denis, Pateryn are defenseman in Hamilton next season. Nash and St. Denis have both played in the NHL and done well during their call-ups.
Bennett, Dietz and Didier are all legitimate defensive prospects in the system. Bennett coming off an excellent season in Michigan, Dietz who was one of the top D men for Saskatoon and Didier who is already built like an NHLer.

Montreals forward talent?
Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller in the NHL. That is 3 forwards out of 12. Plekanec, Cole and Gionta are the veterans.
Leblanc, Gallagher, Bournival and Holland, Avtsin are AHL players next season. Leblanc will be lucky to be a 2nd liner. Gallagher has the size factor against him but looks great. Bournival is a checking forward. Holland is a project. Avtsin has done nothing to prove his potential.
Pribyl, MacMillan, Kristo and Quailer round out the forward prospects. Pribyl could be something but could do what Avtsin did. MacMillan has a lot of college years left. Kristo will be a top two line player. Quailer has potential but who knows if he can develop.

We have young NHL defenseman. We have two can't miss prospects on the back end. With Ellis, Dietz and Bennet as three guys who I believe will be NHLers.

We have no top line forwards in the system. Not one. All we have is hopefuls. A guy like Galchenyuk at number 3 is more guaranteed than anything else.