View Single Post
Old
06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

vCash: 500
Well it seems it won't happen anyway, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sykora was scratched cause he was under performing. He wasn't a defensive liability. He just wasn't bringing much, and I think it was right to scratch him for Josefson in the first place. While being a streaky line his line with Patty, and Zubrus was really good, and at times the best line of the game many times this season.

It sucks though we even have to entertain the thought with all the scoring depth we have in the lineup. I think Kovy might be out of gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdeviljim91 View Post
was once my favorite player years ago here, but i was waiting for him to be scratched since mid season

was once my favorite player years ago here, but i was waiting for him to be scratched since mid season[/QUOTE]
This has absolutely nothing to do with the playoffs, and is irrelevant now, and while I agree there were times he looked miserable mid season remember. He scored goals in a lot of wins the last few weeks of the season when we were the hottest team coming into the playoffs. As well as assisted on many others. We beat Chicago 2-1 in a shootout to start that 6 game end of season winning streak, and he scored our only goal in regulation. He scored when we beat Ottawa 4-2 last day of the season. The 4th was an empty net by Kovy, but we could have been tied if not for Sykie's goal early in the game. Same with the game in Detroit we won 2-1. He was important in the regular season, and one of the main contributors on that 6 game winning streak to close out the season. This might be irrelevant in the playoffs, but he was great in the regular season when he had to be.

Last edited by Bleedred: 06-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.