View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

vCash: 500
Kovy and Clarkson being hurt are real huge knocks to our team. No question about it. If these guys were anywhere near close to healthy, I honestly believe they would be running away with this thing.

Clarkson has a lot of detractors, but when he is on, the dude just holds on to that puck like nobody's business and does a great job along the walls. He CAN be very effective when he plays smart. But he is gimpy as all hell right now and his game has basically been neutered.

Same thing with Kovy. If he werent playing on one leg and had his normal burst of speed, he'd be a good resource to help back up the kings defense. It would be a huge boost to our defense who has struggled in that department (moving the puck cleanly) through these first couple of games.

I just don't know tbh. Very glad I'm not in DeBoer's shoes. He has additional resources at his disposal but it's not an easy decision to start tinkering with a lineup that could technically be up 2 games to 0 or tied at 1.

The Devils deserve a little puck luck here, that's the only thing I can say for sure. This series has slipped away from them pretty quickly and it just doesn't feel right considering the play over the first two games.