View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Plante

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
You're going to be singing a different tune about a LOT of those guys pretty soon ^.
It really wouldn't be the end of the world if you guys took Murray. And as far as forwards go, there's a little thing called high draft pick leverage for asset acquisitions, oh, and free agency. Unless you guys are going the re-build route, those are viable options.

I heard justifications for why Larsson wasn't slipping past 3, Couturier, Fowler, Gormley, you name em, I heard the guarantees. I'm not saying it won't happen, but enough with saying "my team is picking player x or we better check the temperature down in hell". I'm almost convinced I'll see posts like "oh my gm didn't pick _______, well it IS 2012"

Not even saying this for my own hopeful benefit. I'm actually concerned that if Galchenyuk was available, Murray would be warded off by the injury as it is. No one is a guarantee. I could say "Murray will draft Dumba" all I want. I'll look really stupid if he picks Reilly, Maatta, or Teravainen.
I think habs fans feel save in guaranteeing a forward. Scoring depth is needed a lot more than defensive depth. And free agency and trades isn't something you want to depend on in a market that has trouble attracting free agents.

The guy also forgot to slip in Markov who, knock on wood, should have a decent return to the season.