View Single Post
Old
06-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Oh, Bogosian would be a superb acquisition if Holmgren could pull it off. I doubt Winnipeg lets Bogosian go now that he seems to have turned the corner in his development (hard to believe that he could have been acquired last year as Cheveldayoff was looking at moving Bogosian).

The guy I'd like Holmgren to target is Ian Cole in St. Louis. There's a perfect defender who could come to Philadelphia and fit in like a glove. To me, he's a guy who's on the cusp as you mentioned.

Another guy to look at is Nick Petrecki in San Jose. He's another guy who seems to be on the cusp as well. I don't think he'll ever be the "puck moving" guy that people want, but he can certainly be a shut down guy who plays upwards of 20 minutes a game.

The last player I'd like Holmgren to take a "chance" on who's also ready to break through is Maxim Goncharov in Phoenix. I know Brandon Gormley is the "sexy" choice, but Goncharov (to me anyways) is another guy that's about to break through and with OEL, Schlemko, Yandle, Klesla, Rundblad, Morris, and Aucoin ahead of him on the depth chart, it makes sense to go after a guy like Goncharov. I know that he's hit some rough spots in his development, but there isn't a lot to dislike about the skills that Goncharov brings to the table.

Anyways, I suppose I could go on and on about who the Flyers should target, but there's lots of good young defenders who are on the cusp that could probably be had for very little.
See, this is the type of good, thought out **** I'm talking about. I see you asked the Blues' board their opinion about Cole... should also ask them who'd they want from us in a trade. Petrecki's an interesting target, and Goncharov is another excellent suggestion (plus he's a RH shot!). See if any of the scouts you know can somehow find a way for such ideas to get pitched to Homer, haha.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote